A new year is upon us, and with comes the time honored tradition of New Year’s Resolutions. Whether you have plans to lose weight, eat healthier, save money, sleep more, lower your stress levels, or want to stop smoking, you are not alone.
Every year, millions of people around the UAE and the world set out to transform their mind, body and spirit through their New Year’s Resolution. A series of studies, published in the Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin in 2016, found that 55% of resolutions were related to health, and another 20% involved paying off financial debts. However, within the first few weeks of February, as many as 55% of people give up on their resolutions.
While this may sound a bit discouraging, there is help! The benefits of hypnotherapy have been proven to help individuals live healthier lives with long term results.
What is Hypnotherapy
Hypnosis is a natural state of deep relaxation and heightened awareness. In 1955, hypnotherapy was officially recognized as a legitimate therapeutic technique by the British Medical Association. Since then, hypnotherapy has become an accepted and celebrated component of traditional health treatment.
The only way to defeat a habit, fear or addiction is to rewire the brain and change the neural pathways which drive you to carry out addictive behaviors. Hypnosis directly affects the subconscious mind and changes your habitual patterns. For example, most smokers smoke out of habit rather than necessity (i.e. after a meal, on a break at work, or before bed). Most people overeat when they are sad, angry, or frustrated (i.e. comfort foods). In-office hypnotherapy sessions, combined with self-guided hypnotherapy techniques at home, help individuals change their thinking patterns, which will help you live a healthier life.
The Health Benefits of Hypnotherapy
Endorsed by both the British and American Medical Associations, hypnotherapy has a wide range of medical applications and benefits. Regular hypnotherapy sessions can transform an individual’s life in many ways.
- Conquer bad habits with hypnotherapy– We all have a habit or two we’d like to change. Hypnotherapy helps to correct bad habits by addressing the negative underlying habits and subconscious messages which cause us to repeat our unwanted and unhealthy behaviors. With hypnosis, the internal urges that contribute to a bad habit can be replaced with positive messages for a healthier life. Hypnotherapy can be used to address a wide variety of habits, such as –
- Consuming controlled substances
- And more
- Hypnotherapy can improve physical and mental health– Science has established there is a powerful connection between the mind and body. Hypnotherapy helps patients capitalize on this bond to address the symptoms of a number of medical concerns, such as addressing and treating –
- Fears and phobias
- Anxiety disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Chronic Pain
- And more
- Hypnotherapy can improve the way we think– A powerful ally, our mind can become our own worst enemy. Negative thought patterns and thinking can quickly undermine our daily life and happiness. Hypnotherapy works to engage the subconscious mind and can help change negative thoughts into positive thoughts.
Changing the way we think can be very beneficial to our health, leading to increased self-confidence, increased self-esteem, and increased belief in self-worth. Additionally, hypnotherapy can reduce feelings of worry, stress, and frustration.
Annie Browne Hypnotherapy
Regardless of what goal you are trying to achieve in 2019, hypnotherapy can help! Annie Browne uses hypnotic and relaxation techniques to help her patients understand the triggers and root causes of their habits and behaviours. If you are ready to live a healthier life, both physically and mentally, schedule your hypnotherapy session today!